Welcome to my site. Please CLICK HERE to give your opinions regarding this new look of "PCTipsbyAnu". Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Browse » Home » , , , , , , , » BASH SCRIPT : Speak your signal strength...

BASH SCRIPT : Speak your signal strength...

I use my PDA in client mode to connect to an access point, but Idon't have a particularly good signal quality and I often need to readjust the position of the PDA and its antenna. Unfortunately mycomputer is not in sight of the PDA and I had to keep going backwardsand forwards from my computer to the laptop making adjustments thenchecking the signal strength on the screen of my computer. This cantake ages to to set up properly, so I decided to get my computer to usethe "festival" speech synthesis program to tell me what the currentsignal level is.
#! /bin/bash
# Use "festival" to say out loud how much signal strength we have

# The IP address of the PDA
ip_addr="192.168.1.1"

# The username and password for the PDA

user="root"
pass="admin"

DOWNLOAD FULL SCRIPT
fi
done
This works by using the same process as the 'Status-->Wireless'page i.e. it gets a chunk of data by wget'ing theStatus_Wireless.live.asp page from the PDA then running awk to get therelevant chunk of data (the signal strength) and then piping that intothe festival speech engine.

Now I just run this script and turn up the volume on my computer when I need to move the antenna.

Thanks...
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

About 'Anu': My name is 'Anu' also Known as 'ANU 007 TIGER' .I'm administrator of 'PC Tips by Anu' blog .This blog was opened for sharing contents about hacking n cracking.
Thanks YAHOO OR GMAIL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to Top